Monday, August 31, 2009

My cancer update !!


Hello, well its time for my breast cancer up date!! I'm 5 weeks post operative double mastectomy. My incisions are pretty much healed, and the pain is much better than before. I have the strength to make it almost all day. I cant lift anything very heavy, but now I can sleep on my sides!!! I'm not having any trouble with self image. I have gone from a DD to nothing and I'm OK with that!!! It is actually easier to be flat chested than bald which I was just a year ago after my Chemotherapy. Sometimes I just wonder when it will end?? The lump that was in the right breast was once again invasive ductal cell carcinoma !!! How on earth did it survive all the torture that I put myself through to get rid of it and it survived...

With no breast tissue and no estrogen I hope that I can stamp out this once and for all!!!! I wake up each day and know how blessed that I am!! I'm a survivor, I will win this fight, I will not give up, not now and not 10 years from now.

5 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

I'm so glad I stopped by to help you celebrate this wonderful day! Every milestone in your recovery should be celebrated with cake, yahoos and jumping in the air! I'm yahooing and jumping but I don't have any cake so I'll eat a graham cracker in your honor Karla! On a serious note, I want to share with you that my Mom's first cousin Fama had breast cancer, twice. Once in her 40's and again in her 50's. She passed away recently at the ripe old age of 91, of pnemonia. It's the climb girl, and you are taking the big steps up the mountain...congrats!
joy c.

Mary's Road said...

Karla your mountain you have been climbing has been a difficult one, this is news I have been looking forward to hearing!I just climbed a moe hill and was exhausted!I know there are more than seven wonders of the world..you are one for sure!
love you girl,
Mary

nanny said...

Love the picture,,,,it sure says it all!!! Wonderful, wonderful, that you are feeling so much better....

Angie said...

Karla,

I am in such awe of you... you have overcome so many things, that have put most women into the deepest, darkest places....

I know you will get the best of all this... I am so very happy for you in that you have started living the best life yet!!!

we are going to grow old together sitting at the boat... reliving our childhood, and talking about our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and I am sure at that point, our crabby, but loveable ole hubbys.. haha...

Love ya, girl!!!

Karla said...

thanks ladies for your wonderful words of encouragement !!

Joycee I needed to hear the age of your loved one, that gives me hope!

Mary thanks for always being there..

nanny my daughter took that pic,, I simply raised my hands to give thanks

Ang, thanks, I cant wait to grow old together

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed