Friday, June 26, 2009

my mammogram

Care....Image by santacrewsgirl via Flickr

My six month mammogram yesterday revealed calcification in a new area. What does that mean ? I'm afraid to say. My natural response is to jump to conclusions and think the worst. Right now I'm just waiting for the surgeon to give me a call.






I was at the hospital for 4 hours having a mammogram, ultrasound, and lab work. They ended up doing 6 mammograms and two ultrasound to make sure!! Then the Radiologist came in herself and did the final ultrasound and showed me the area and discussed the next step....... Right now I'm angry... Not knowing for sure isn't helping. Did I go thru 3 surgeries 6 months of chemotherapy and 40 radiation treatments for nothing????







3 comments:

Jenn said...

I will keep you in my prayers, Karla. The anger is natural, and in my own life it is often a buffer for fears. I hope you get good news, and everything is fine.

Shannon said...

Hopefully your doctors won't keep you waiting long for the results. We'll be thinking of you, and praying everything is fine.

Angie said...

Oh, Karla...
I have you in my arms "feel the hug"... I am praying for you!!! God is greater than ANYTHING we travel amongst... He is there, lean on him...

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed