Sunday, July 19, 2009

surgery friday!! getting nervous

365 Day 44Image by lornagrl via Flickr

I am having a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction on Friday.. I am so nervous about this.. I made it thru the anger phase of dealing with the return of my breast cancer and now I'm ready to make the next step!! I have had such great support from family and friends..

It was amazing to get the response from my friends from the Heart Hospital in Little Rock, and my new co-workers from BRMC.. During a time like this you can feel so all alone. I'm so very thankful for all the support that I am receiving!!

For me the decision has not been easy.. Some women are strong and know exactly what they would do without any doubt!! Its my nature to worry about every little thing and all the possible complications so it has made this decision a hard one.

I now have peace with my decision. Im ready. Im ready to get it over. I trust that God will carry me through this as he has done each and every time.
keep me in your prayers!!







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

Mickey said...

You know you're in my prayers every single day. Hang in there kiddo.

Angie said...

Oh Karla... From what Kirk said, I thought all was over.. I am feeling for you sooooo.... I wish I could tell you I know how you feel, but I don't think any women can say that has not experienced it first hand... You are in my prayers, please know that... God is bigger than any mountain we climb... Love ya, girl!

nanny said...

You are in my prayers.....from another arkansan!!! Wish you well...

Anonymous said...

i love you and will praying for you untill I can get there to help take care of yOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sis kell

Crystal said...

I have been and will continue to pray for you....keep trusting in God and he will carry you through!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong Karla and trust in God! We will pray for your speedy recovery and strength!

Mary's Road said...

yet another hurdle for you to jump, this one is a big one!!I know you love life and your family will be there...keep up the fight!
love and thoughts!
mary

summersundays-jw said...

Hope all is well and you're having an easy recovery (relatively easy anyway). I wish you the very best and you will definitely be in my prayers. Jan

jamie said...

aw... i am so sorry to hear this... hope you are doing better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed