Saturday, December 5, 2009

Am I the real scrooge??

 


Please remember to continue to keep me in your prayers!! Yesterday I felt like I had reached my limit of pain and fatigue! On the way home it seems that I cried harder than I ever have!!! Darrell was very supportive as always, but nothing seemed to help!!

I exist at a constant level of pain due to the current breast expansion! Top that off with 12 hours of taking care of critically ill patients. Some days its all I can do to make it thru the day. So many times I hear my compassionate co workers say you sure look tired today as they offer to lend me a helping hand.

At this point I'm not sure what is the lasting side effects of Chemo and Radiation or the current expansion process that I'm having done now?? All I know is that I'm tired. Tired of hurting, tired of going to the Dr and tired of dealing with it all!!

I have decided to not have Christmas at our house this year!!! Gasp, I know,,, Neither am I putting up a Tree. Last year I had 4 full sized trees up and the works!!! I feel like Scrooge,, but I cant help it!! I hope that I'm not letting my family down.

My Christmas plans are for Darrell and I to have a quite relaxing day. I will cook something special and watch old christmas movies and have a nice fire in the fireplace!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

nanny said...

I think your plans for Christmas sound perfect...everyone needs a day off! Relax and enjoy!! Hope the pain subsides Karla, I can't relate but do hope you feel very good soon!
Nanny

Ashley said...

Let me know when you want chase and I to bring over your and darrell's christmas present :). We can do it anytime before christmas day if you would like.

Solar Powered said...

Just getting caught up on your blog. You have such a beautiful family. I'm glad you are conserving your energy for feeling better.

Angie said...

Got you in my prayers, girlfriend... you are not letting your family down, I am sure they understand! Sit back a relax... who says we have to deck the halls every year? I scaled down as well this year, sometimes we have just got to relax more and not stress out, remembering it is not all about decorations and a full house of people.. Jesus is the reason.... enjoy your peaceful times.... love you!!

Crystal said...

awww...I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well...it's been a while since I checked very many of the bloags I usually follow or even kept up with my own...I will continue to pray for you and I'm sure your family will understand your Christmas plans....enjoy your day and the movies...I love Christmas movies! Hope you are feeling much better soon.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed