Monday, September 14, 2009

On a Wing and a Prayer


On a Wing and a Prayer

I’ll never forget that fateful day
When I heard the doctors say
We have bad news, the tests are in
I suddenly lost my happy grin.

They said don’t fret, but to no avail
We will get through this..we will not fail
There is no choice, we must stand tall
And beat this thing, once and for all

Three months have passed and I am weak
My body tired, my soul so bleak
I will get through this that I know
But at this moment, it does not show

I want to rest my weary fears
And pretend for a moment that I don’t care
To carry them all through the day
Just makes it harder…please go away

Four months have passed and I am bright
My cheery soul shines through the night
I think I’ve beat this monsters grip
My strength and courage, I came equipped

Today’s the day they’ll tell me so
You’ve beat this thing…one month to go
Let’s sing and dance the night away
I’m happy now…so won’t you stay

I always knew right from the start
I would prevail…for I’ve got heart
They said don’t fret…what did they know
I had to prove it was my show

I fought this beast and now I’ve won
Thank you mommy…said my son
I don’t know what I would have done
For it was all or merely none

I' ve shown such strength and through it all
I never wavered, I stood so tall
I made it through, from there to here
All because of a wing and a prayer

Copyright © 2008 RG/Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation

2 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

Karla, just reading my posts and noticed you had been to grannymountain for a visit! This is Prairie Creek Cove that goes back to our house. I had a spring picture of our view on until recently but this one comes from beaverlake.com

nanny said...

Hope you are feeling great!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed