Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Swimming Squirrel

Darrell and I went for a spin on the lake just before sunset to enjoy this beautiful evening. The lake was so peaceful and calm, it was like the whole lake was ours. I just love it when its like that..Its one of my favorite things that we do together!

 

 

We saw this little fella swimming his heart out, at first we didn't know what it was, and realized that it was a squirrel. It was swimming in circles and so far from the shore...We decided that we would rescue it... No net in the boat, so I leaned over and put out a mesh bag and this little thing held on to it and came inside the boat... Of course at this time I couldn't help remember Christmas Vacation where the squirrel jumps out of the Christmas tree and causes such havoc on the house!!!! The poor thing was so exhausted that it did not move.. We put this little thing in the bag and took him back to the dock where we let him go!!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

Schautzie was in the boat the whole time and never realized that anything was going on. We were at the dock and she still didnt know we had this squirrel.

Hopefully we did this fella a favor and didnt screw up his whole day!!! Who knows ????

2 comments:

nanny said...

Poor thing was glad you came along!!! We had one in our pool and it couldn't get out...I put a broom out for it to climb on and away he went. I've heard of looking like a drowned rat and he sure did.....

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy...going in circles...I can relate to that!! I'm sure he's a happy little camper now.
Mickey

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed