Saturday, October 3, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness!!!

Think PinkImage by kimberlyfaye via Flickr<

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!!

I will be celebrating this month as a survivor. I will return to work on Monday after recovering from a bilateral mastectomy. I'm excited about getting my life back on tract and back to normal. I have enjoyed the latter part of my time off, spending time with my family and my trip to Florida.

Early detection is the Key!! please have your mammograms. I will be joining Dr. Tammy Tucker on Healthy Ambitions this month to share my story with the local people here in Baxter and Marion county.

Have a blessed week!!!





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Mary's Road said...

Thanks Karla! Because of your encouragment, I had my mammogram, it was cancer...it was detected early enough...and that saved my life!keep telling as many as you can..tell them to NOT wait another day...
love you,
Mary in Little Rock

Angie said...

Thanks Karla for reminding all women to do so... I went in after finding a lump... I was scared to death.. it was only a cyst, I have to go back in 6 months... I am a firm believer in those yearly mammograms, I had put mine off for almost 3 years, not ever again... get those mammo's ladies...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed