Saturday, May 1, 2010

Super Duper Saturday

 

Today is the day I'm tackling a monster 20 pound Italian cream cake. This cake has been a family tradition for many years,,Two years ago when Chase and Ashley got married he wanted his favorite cake as a Grooms cake. Mama had to enlarge it to accommodate! And now a dear friend is getting married tomorrow and asked if Mom could make one for her wedding. Mom and Dad are in Texas so after much consideration I'm making this wonderful cake for Matt and Jaren!!! Hope that it turns out as good as Moms!!!! I'm using her old mixer that was passed down to her!!! Works like a dream!! I will post some pic of the finished product!!
 

Last night during all the heavy storms Lightning struck our neighbors tree,,, wow,, Eva Lauren was home and it really scared her,, it was so loud and shook the whole house!!! Glad no one was hurt here!!
 

This morning Darrell and I went down to the dock before the rain came,, Look what I caught!!! I just love hanging out at the dock!!! Its my second favorite place in the world to be!!! (home) is first!!
 
Posted by Picasa

Darrell busy as ever!! Power washing the boat getting it ready for the season,, I'm ready myself. We just love it so much,,
I love him so much!!!
aint he cute!!!!

2 comments:

Chase said...

Is Darrell dancing? I am ready to see some pictures of that cake! Send me a piece!!

Jaren said...

Oh Karla, the cake was WONDERFUL!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can't say it enough :) (And Chase, even I had to scrape into a cup only the crumbs that were left!!! It was DEVOURED!)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed